Silk Ribbon by Treenway Silks
5 yards of 3.5mm Ribbon (1/8 inch)
The silk is from the Bombyx mori silk worm, often referred to as "mulberry" silk.
Did you know? Treenway Silks’ ribbon can also be used in your sewing machine bobbin. 1 skein fits onto a standard sewing machine bobbin
About Treenway Silks’ Ribbons
- All widths of Treenway Silk's ribbons are woven with selvage edges. The selvage edge can hold up to stitching on fabric or being pulled through canvas.
- The silk used is the highest quality reeled silk which still has the sericin in it. The sericin acts as a natural sizing.
- The warp (length-wise) threads are two strands of fine silk which are twisted together. There are 300 fine warp threads per inch.
- The weft (cross-wise threads) is a single silk strand.
- The ribbon is woven in plain weave, where the weft thread goes over and under each individual warp thread, all the way across the ribbon, giving a strong, stable ribbon.
Share this item: