What's your favorite color? 🌈 July 25 2023 8 Comments
Above: Sherry C with her quilt in the barn quilt special exhibit at the Road To California Quilt Show.
Have you ever noticed at quilt shows that when the quilter stands next to their quilt, award winning or not, they always seem to be dressed to match it?
I’ve always wondered if the quilter planned to do that or if it happened by chance or maybe subconsciously.
It made me think, when it comes to our fabric stash (and our wardrobe), do we tend to love one color or one color family more than others? Does our preference for a particular color define a part of who we are?
If you google personal color preference, a host of results are displayed discussing mood, personality and behavior traits associated with color preference.
The following are generalities, of course, but if we just look at ROYGBIV (you know…colors of the 🌈) and some colors in between, we see the main personality traits associated with each color below.
- Can be a little impulsive
- Can be perceived as intimidating
- Maybe a little naive
- Wear your heart on your sleeve and aren’t afraid to express your emotions
- Love and family are important to you
- Fun and playful energy that people admire
- Social, perhaps an extrovert
- You nurture things
- Enjoys deep conversation
- Loves to play the host at parties or events
- Dives right into work and get things done
- A positive spirit
- Calming for those around them
- Infectious smiles and happiness that spreads to each person they encounter
- Loves to give advice
- Loves to help others
- Enjoys the outdoors and finds balance in life important
- Likes to analyze the situation before diving in
- A problem solver that finds creative ways to think outside the box
- Friendly and approachable, easy to communicate with
- Compassionate, empathetic and caring
- Heightened sense of creativity and sensitivity
- Speak from the heart and love sharing your inner most thoughts
- Highly developed intuitive abilities
- Seek spiritual fulfillment, and you are often an evolved or 'old' soul
- Likes to strategize the best way to handle a task and can adapt when obstacles arise
- Craves own identity
- Loves unique things and wants to stand out from the pack
- Dances to the music no one else can hear
- Thrives on creativity and inspiration strikes you randomly, allowing you to tune out the world and focus on it
- Perhaps a little impulsive at times
- Serious (maybe a little too serious)
- You’re strong and command a sense of respect from your peers
- You’re trustworthy
- Perhaps a little intimidating
- Perhaps a bit naive
- Likes things clean and orderly
- Likes the thought of a “fresh start” or a blank canvas
- Honest, down-to-earth and wholesome, salt of the earth people with both feet planted firmly on the ground
- Steady and reliable and quietly confident
- Friendly and approachable, genuine and sincere
- Keen sense of duty and responsibility - you take your obligations very seriously
Interesting..when I think about my own wardrobe, I always have Blues but love to throw in Yellows and Oranges although they don’t suit my skin tone as well as the Blues do.
As I went through my personal fabric stash, I realized I also had lots of Blues, Yellows and Oranges but Reds were notably missing.
When is the last time you’ve taken note of your fabric stash?
I’d love to know…Leave a comment below. Do you love one or more colors noticeably more than the others and do those colors dominate your fabric stash?
Yours in stitching, Jen
Ps, if you need to round out your fabric stash, we have just opened up enrollment for our Art Gallery Fabrics Pure Solids Bundle of the Month Club. => LEARN MORE